My Life as a Mama, Wife, Daughter, Grandaughter, Sister, Aunt, Teacher, and Friend.... My Life as Marcie!
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Forever

Just how long is forever? 
We are going to get to find out, because that's just how long Marlie Jayne and Madisyn Juliana will be our girls. 
We went to court last week to "officially and legally" become a family of 4.  Even though from day 1 we already were. 



I must say it was a great feeling to be told by the judge that we have beautiful little girls.  Yes we do! 


We feel extremely lucky that we were able to share this special day with our family.  Marlie and Madi have been showered with love and affection by all that meet them, but especially by their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  I mean look at them... how could you not love all over them!



To say that our adoption is now finalized is like getting to the ending of a great great book.  I can't believe it's already over.  For years we only imagined how our story would end, never did we think it would be this awesome!  At the same time, it does make me feel a little sad though, it means that 6 months with our girls has already flown by!  How is that even possible? 
I can promise you one thing though, we haven't taken one of the last 185 days for granted.  We have used this time to love all over them and learn all about what our girls like and don't like.  We have also used these days to praise Jesus from whom all blessings flow.  I am so thankful that his plan was far better than my own.  And I make sure to tell him that over and over! 
Marlie and Madisyn you are your Mama's whole heart!  I don't think I could love you anymore than I already do.  You make everyday a little sweeter! 
Promise me you'll be my little girls forever!

6 comments:

Megan

LOVE it!!

Britney

chills all over. YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley Taylor

Congratulations! This totally made me tear up. Your girls are too precious, you are so blessed to have such a wonderful family.

twondra

It is an AWESOME feeling to know it is forever, isn't it? Yes, you know from day 1 but it's a great feeling knowing the law also acknowledges it. :)

Congrats!!!

Susann

Hooray!!! Don't know HOW in the world I missed this post, but I'm so glad I saw it today. We're all so blessed to have Marlie & Madi in our lives and you and John have been and will continue to be awesome parents to them. LOVE YOU!!!

Jo-Jo

On adoption day I thought about you at the courthouse: so happy that everything is finalized, sad that we couldn't be there, grateful that Marlie and Madisyn are forever yours, praising the Lord for placing these sweethearts with you, and rejoicing in the blessing that we could be a small part of it. Love you all.

Post a Comment

We appreciate all your sweet comments!