My Life as a Mama, Wife, Daughter, Grandaughter, Sister, Aunt, Teacher, and Friend.... My Life as Marcie!
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

Monday, August 8, 2011

Date Night

John and I had a "date night" this weekend. 

We are trying to spend as much time together as we can before football and basketball games start.  Oh the joys of being a coaches wife!

Saturday evening we left out headed to Hammond, LA.  This is our new fav hangout spot.  We decided to try somewhere different to eat.  After reading some restaurant reviews (does anybody else do this?) we decided on Cate Street Seafood.  It was yummy! 

Usually when we go out for supper we like to eat sushi because that is something we cant get around here.  The nearest sushi place is Jackson or Hammond. 
After supper we did a little shopping in Academy and TJ Maxx.  My husband is now the proud owner of these...

He has been trying to convince me for months that he needed a "good" pair of shades since he is in the sun practically all afternoon.  He tried and tried for a pair of Costa Del Mars.  Well if you know me you know that I am cheap!  I just couldn't see spending that much on a pair of shades that he would probably break or loose.  I usually get my shades at Dollar Tree or Wal-Mart, but John wouldn't even consider that.
So Saturday night I broke a little and we compromised on a pair of Under Armor ones.  They were a little cheaper, still too much for sunglasses if you ask me, but John works hard so I figured we could splurge a little!  And he looks smokin HOTT in them too! :)
In TJ Maxx we shopped for some baby items.  We found some really cute towel sets but everything was so gender specific, so we decided not to buy any.  It was fun to shop in the baby section with John.  I would pick out something that I thought was cute, and he would be shaking his head NO and holding up a NIKE shirt!  Ha this baby will definitely have some sporty clothes if John gets to pick them out!
Our movie came on at 7 so we didn't get to shop very long.  We went to see The Change Up.  It was hilarious to us.  It did have very dirty language though. 

And no date night would be complete without dessert!  MENCHIE'S!!!

I have came up with a new creation- Cake batter yogurt topped with.... cookie dough bites, cheesecake bites, fresh strawberries and Hot fudge syrup!!! OMG I want some now!!!!
Hope everyone else had a fantastic weekend with their honey too!
Happy Monday!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate all your sweet comments!