My Life as a Mama, Wife, Daughter, Grandaughter, Sister, Aunt, Teacher, and Friend.... My Life as Marcie!
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

Friday, May 13, 2011

LONG Week

This week has been rather long!  We have had state testing (MCT's) and I have went home with a migraine 2 days this week! 

Thank goodness it's Friday!
Just wanted you guys to know that I haven't fell off the planet, just not much going on this week to blog about! 
I have still been reading your blogs and I just wanted to comment on one that I read the other day.  Forgive me cause I can't remember which one!  She was talking about how great Dave Ramsey was and I couldn't agree more!  John and I borrowed the book and Cd's from my cousin (hey Susann!).



 Since around October we have been trying to follow his advice and it has been working great!  For starters:
  1. We have way more than $1,000.00 in our saving account for emergencies!  Not trying to brag but this makes me soooooo excited! 
  2. We are almost out of debt!  Can I get a whoop-whoop?!?  We paid off his truck last month, so now we just have my car to pay off.  I often wonder what it will feel like to be debt-free!
  3. We put $100 in an envelope and that is all we spend a month on eating out.  We used to spend so much more, so this works great for us!
  4. John actually gets money that he can "blow".  He loves that I don't limit all his spending. 
  5. We are also saving for our baby!!  Yay!!  And as of now it is looking like this baby will have whatever we desire!  Yes they will be spoiled! ha
These are just to name a few!  Hopefully this weekend we will be going to buy a carport too!  That is coming from me saving money for 3 months!  I am so proud of what we are doing!  The Lord has really blessed us! 

You shall tithe all the yield of your seed that comes from the field year by year, that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands that you do.  Deuteronomy 14:22-29

Have a great weekend!  Hopefully I can catch up on some sleep!

1 comments:

The Mulder Family

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment. Yes we did happen to buy everything gender neutral, although we did end up finding out we would be adopting a little boy. I love green & boy for boy or girl so we went with green. We thought we could either add in pink then for girl or teal like we did for boy.

Post a Comment

We appreciate all your sweet comments!